remove duplicate from a file on local

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saini
Participant

remove duplicate from a file on local

Post by saini »

I have a huge '|' separated data file. I want to remove duplicate from Sequential File. The file is on my local machine I donot want to put it on the server. Is there any way we can remove duplicate from a file in local.
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Depends on how huge it is ...
Try downloading a free version of TextPad.
There is a feature to sort the delete duplicate lines.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There's no way to do that in DOS ("on local") that I am aware of without loading third-party tools or writing C programs and the like.

With PX you should have the MKS Toolkit installed on your 'server' and thus have 'UNIX' capabilities there. Try "sort -u" to get unique records. You'll probably need to tell it what fields make the record unique, otherwise it will consider the entire record when removing duplicates.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
MarkB
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MarkB »

...or, you could get Ultra-Edit (and there is a free trial) which can easily handle massive files and can do sorts and remove duplicates.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

D'oh. I own a registered copy of UltraEdit and didn't know you could use it for that. Learn something new every day. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers