HOW TO WRITE ROUTINES

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

adisheshu.dwh
Participant

HOW TO WRITE ROUTINES

Post by adisheshu.dwh »

HI HOW TO WRITE ROUTINES IN MANAGER AND HOW TO CALL THAT PLS HELP ME STEP BY STEP,TAKE UR OWN EXAMPLE
ADISHESHU.P
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Once again, all capitals is considered SHOUTING. This site is used as a supplement to training and experience and doesn't serve as a complete substitue for it. Writing routines is documented in the literature and taught as part of the DataStage courses. I think that, for the most part, the posters here are not willing to duplicate the documentation by writing a step-by-step tutorial for how to write the DS/Basic routines here.

If you ask specific questions to portions of the question that you are stuck on, you will surely get many responses; but a general question such as what you asked is certainly not going to get the answer you expect.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

1. Obtain the requirement.
2. Design the algorithm, considering other possibilities and documenting why you made particular choices. Design test data.
3. Convert your specification into DataStage BASIC code in a new Routine of the appropriate type.
4. Compile the routine. Fix the first error and re-compile. Repeat until no errors.
5. Test (not applicable for before/after subroutines).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.