Accented char problem in XML output stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Start by disabling operator combination. Until you've done that you have no idea which stage (operator) is generating the problem.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mgarg24
Participant

Post by mgarg24 »

Thanks Ray ...

I checked it out after disabling operator combination. This error is coming from XML Output Stage.

I am fetching files possessing "ISO-8859-1" characterset and writing it into a different unix box with "UTF-8" characterset.

Regards,
Manish
MG
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

0xE9 in UTF-8 is the French e-egu character and that is present in Unicode, so the error is odd. You stated that you are sourcing from 8859-1 but that isn't what the error message states. Are you explicitly reading 8859-1?
mgarg24
Participant

Post by mgarg24 »

Thanks Everyone,

I got a workaround for this issue. We are converting input file present in "ISO-8859-1" format to "UTF-8" format using unix command and then passing the file to datastage to create XML file.
MG
srinivas123
Participant

Post by srinivas123 »

Hi,

Could you please let me know the commands /methods used to convert the file to UTF8 in unix?

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Oddly enough, it is "iconv".
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers