SERVER Crash

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ccatania
Premium Member
Premium Member

SERVER Crash

Post by ccatania »

I am looking into how to recovery my DS environment for one of our servers that was taken off line and cleared out by mistake. I can re install DS ver 7.5 on the Linux server. Is there a utility that will load the DS processes from the backup, which is a total backup of the server that is done daily. The box is our QA server so I do have a some time to restore the box.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ouch. :shock:

If you have a "total backup" done daily on that server, why not just have it restorted in its entirety? Unless you've been doing DataStage 'exports' of the projects that would be the only way to get back everything you've lost. Simply reinstalling DataStage won't buy you much without exports of the Projects to import back.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ccatania
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ccatania »

I checked with our admins and they do an incremental backups daily. So I will get to check out first hand how well we can recover from the backups. According to the admins the backup includes all the directories, so I will be doing a complete restore. This will let us know if we can actually restore from our backups or not. :roll:

Thanks Craig for your input - Charlie
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If their backups are good (taken when nothing was happening) and if the restore is done properly (in the correct sequence for the incrementals from a known good point) then all should be well.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.