command

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ravireddy25
Participant

command

Post by ravireddy25 »

when iam executing (dsjob -ljobs projectname) its not working m getting warning like dsjob not found , i have tried this in opt/IBM/datastage , how to run and where to run dsjob command
Ravi
dr.murthy
Participant

Re: command

Post by dr.murthy »

ravireddy25 wrote:when iam executing (dsjob -ljobs projectname) its not working m getting warning like dsjob not found , i have tried this in opt/IBM/datastage , how to run and where to run dsjob command
just try where is your data stage engine was installed.by default

opt/ascential/datastage/pxengine/bin
once you switch on the directory then you are able to run jobs through dsjob comand
D.N .MURTHY
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can run it from wherever you like, provided that its parent directory is in your command search list (PATH environment variable) or that you specify the full pathname of the dsjob command itself. This is fundamental operating system stuff!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

UNIX 101. Fully qualify the path, add the directory to your $PATH, sit in the directory and prefix the command with "./", etc etc etc.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers