TNS Protocol Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cherry
Participant

TNS Protocol Error

Post by cherry »

Hi All,

I have a job that reads the data from DRS Stage and Loads to Oracle Eneterprise stage.

When I hard code the parameter values in DRS Stage the job is running fine. When I use the enviroinment variables it is getting aborted. I had cross verified the values and they are correct for ENV. The following are the errors I get in the job:

Failure during execution of operator logic.
Fatal Error: Fatal: ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
node_node1: Player 1 terminated unexpectedly.
main_program: APT_PMsectionLeader(1, node1), player 1 - Unexpected exit status 1.

If I login directly to server and run the job the job is working fine with enviroinment variables. But when I login to client and run the job iam getting the following error.

Best Regards
Cherry
snt_ds
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by snt_ds »

Hi Cherry-

Did you got your problem solved?

If so,plz explain in detail how you did that-coz I am also facing the same issue currently.

cheers
snt_ds
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by snt_ds »

Hi Cherry-

Did you got your problem solved?

If so,plz explain in detail how you did that-coz I am also facing the same issue currently.

cheers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Language Protocol Error

Post by ray.wurlod »

"plz" and "coz" are not English words. Please strive for a professional standard of written English on DSXchange, which is accessed by quite a number of people for whom English is not a first language.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.