Hashed file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Hashed file

Post by veera24 »

Hi all,
Do we have any command to analyze the hashed file struture through UNIX box like ANALYZE.FILE <File name> in UNIVERSE fILE STRUCTURES?Kindly forgive me if i mentioned anything amiss. Because i'm not aware about UNIVERSE fILE and all.

Your time will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
veera
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Oddly enough, that is the command you would use.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Moderator: please move to server forum
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by veera24 »

chulett wrote:Oddly enough, that is the command you would use. ...
When i tried to use the command thru UNIX box, i got an error saying that, 'ANALYZE.FILE' not found.
So it means that the command is not present in the data stage dictionary list (Kindly let me know if i'm wrong). So how do i can add the command into the dictionary?

Thanks in advance,
Veera
veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by veera24 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Moderator: please move to server forum ...
Ray,

Kindly apologize me for posted the topic in wrong place. Could you tell me how to move from parallel to server forum? (Dont get irritated as i'm asking a silly question. As i haven't came across this kind of situation, i didn't use that yet. Thats why i'm asking.)

Thanks,
Veera
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can't. Only the Moderator can.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Didn't mean it was an O/S command. You'd either need to run it from a dssh 'session' or leverage dssh to run it directly. For example:

viewtopic.php?t=124090
-craig

veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by veera24 »

veera24 wrote:
chulett wrote:Oddly enough, that is the command you would use. ...
When i tried to use the command thru UNIX box, i got an error saying that, 'ANALYZE.FILE' not found.
So it means that the command is not present in the data stage dictionary list (Kindly let me know if i'm wrong). So how do i can add the command into the dictionary?

Thanks in advance,
Veera
Craig,
I've added ANALYZE.FILE command through DS administrator. Here i've a question. Where do i can execute this command?i mean which path?
Let me clearly explain you.

I wanna analyze the hash file characteristics which is already created by some job.
I got an info from UNIVERSE FILE STRUCTURE saying that, " ANALYZE.FILE <Hash file name> " command will analyze the structure of hash files in terms of GROUP SIZE, MODULO,Number of records and so on. Similarly what should i do to get the same in our usual thing?

Kindly forgive me if i've confused you anywhere.

Thanks in advance
Veera
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The hashed file will either need to have been created in an account, or a VOC entry created for a 'pathed' file using SETFILE, in order to use this command.
-craig

veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by veera24 »

chulett wrote:The hashed file will either need to have been created in an account, or a VOC entry created for a 'pathed' file using SETFILE, in order to use this command. ...
I've created the hashed file in my path and also have added the command in DS dictionary. I've executed the command in the path where the hashed file resides. But i got an error saying that ANALYZE.FILE not found. So i want to know where do i can execute the command in the path?

Could you pls tell me about "a VOC entry created for a 'pathed' file using SETFILE". I couln't get your point thats why.

Thanks in advance
Veera
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You run ANALYZE.FILE from a dssh session or the Administrator. Search for SETFILE for syntax and usage help. You "added the command" in DS dictionary? What "command"? :?
-craig