Unable to edit Routine Imported from a Protected Project

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

maheshalways
Participant

Unable to edit Routine Imported from a Protected Project

Post by maheshalways »

Friends,
I had imported DataStage Routine from a protected project (Project 1), into another project (Project 2), now it is read only in the new project (Project 2).

I'm not able to delete the routine, nor does it allows to be overwritten from the Project 1, after unprotecting it and re-importing into Project 2.I tried to log-in as administrator user, still it doesn't allow to edit it in Project 2. Can anybody help me with a workaround ? I need to delete the routine or make it editable in Project 2.
kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

If you have the DS administrator rights, then you will be able to delete it... though you get a warning first. Say ok for that warning and then another window will pop up to delete the routine.
Kandy

Post by maheshalways »

kandyshandy wrote:If you have the DS administrator rights, then you will be able to delete it... though you get a warning first. Say ok for that warning and then another window will pop up to delete the routine.
Yes I had tried with the "isadmin" user with administrator rights, but it didn't work. Do you know any work around ? I also did try to re-import with Readonly=0 in the dsx file, it was unable to overwrite
kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

Not isadmin.... try with dsadmin.
Kandy
Premium Member

Post by fridge »

not sure if the last suggestion helped - I hit this problem a while ago with routines and transforms and the basic response from IBM was 'dont import readonly objects'
Ok they may have said please

I personally think this is a major problem as it is easy to do when migrating from a v7 enviornment to a v8 - basically as far as I can see there no way to make the objects editable once they are imported as readonly.

However ...... if you contact your support provider (and assuming it is IBM) they may be able to give you a way around this - I dont want to give any more details as the way I know to do it is very hacky and not one I want to promote as could cause problems with your project (unless your are working for one of my competitors of course :-) )