Executing dsjob in Command Line Interface

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yousuff1710
Participant

Executing dsjob in Command Line Interface

Post by yousuff1710 »

Hi All,

I am trying to execute the command dsjob -ljobs DSPX (where DSPX is our projectname).
This should list all the jobs in the project.
Its not executing rather giving o/p message as: Verb "DSJOB" is not in your VOC.
Actually, we have newly installed Information Server 8.0.
Before this I never tried to execute commands through command Interface since I am a developer.
Now I am trying to work on these.
Please anybody suggest how to use this and any ideas on the o/p message: Verb "DSJOB" is not in your VOC.

Thanks in advance
Yusuf
dr.murthy
Participant

Re: Executing dsjob in Command Line Interface

Post by dr.murthy »

hi,
execute this command whre your datastage engine was installed.definetly it should be worked.
D.N .MURTHY
MarkB
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MarkB »

Where exactly are you trying to execute dsjob? Your post suggests you may be trying to run dsjob in the Command Interface in the Administrator.
You should run dsjob at the UNIX command level, not in the Administrator.
dr.murthy
Participant

Post by dr.murthy »

MarkB wrote:Where exactly are you trying to execute dsjob? Your post suggests you may be trying to run dsjob in the Command Interface in the Administrator.
You should run dsjob at the UNIX command level, not in the Administrator.
hi,iam saying in unix console,not for datstage admin.check where is your datastage was installed.it might be in /opt/ascential/datastage/bin folder .and then run your dsjob command.
D.N .MURTHY
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

As MarkB has already pointed out, the error message is a DataStage engine one, meaning that the command was entered at the ">" prompt of the engine, which most people will do when they enter an Admin command interface line.
The "dsjob" executable is located in $DSHOME/bin and should either be executed from that directory or that directory should be in the command path.
yousuff1710
Participant

Post by yousuff1710 »

Thanks all for your inputs,

I ran the dsjob command on Unix command line under Datastage Installation Directory(/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/bin), but its giving error as:-

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program dsjob because of the following errors:
0509-150 Dependent module libvmdsapi.so could not be loaded.
0509-022 Cannot load module libvmdsapi.so.
0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

Can anyone tell why its giving such error & what is libvmdsapi.so

Thanks in advance
LenGreenwood
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by LenGreenwood »

It means the library file vmdsapi.so is not in your LIBPATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH depending which version of UNIX you are using. The file is I think located in .../InformationServer/Server/Dsdk/Bin.

What you probably need to do before running dsjob is source the dsenv file, which should set up the library paths for you. This is a file in the DSEngine directory. At the Unix prompt if you have cd'd to /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/bin try executing this as a command:

Code: Select all

. ../dsenv
(note the first dot).

By the way you are going to need more parameters to dsjob, such as username password and domain, before it does what you want here. But if you get as far as an error message saying you have arguments missing, you will at least be starting dsjob correctly.
yousuff1710
Participant

Post by yousuff1710 »

Thanks Len..
Its working fine now. As you told I sourced the dsenv to LIB_PATH.

One more help required:
Can you please help me to how to create DSN in server to connect to DB2.
Actually as I said in my earlier post I have newly installed Information Server 8.0. We are still awaiting for project from client. Presently I am building the infrastructure required.
Our architecture:-
AIX 5.3 OS
Information Server 8.0 with DB2 Metadata Repository installed.

Our AIX Server is partitioned to 2 machines: aixstr(172.19.8.12) & aixora(172.19.8.11)
On aixstr, we have installed Information Server where we have to create connectivity to DB2 database.
On aixora, we have installed Oracle 9i.
Again I need to create connectivity between datastage on aixstr and Oracle on aixora m/c.

I checked the pdf documentation guides(IBM Information Server Planning,Installation, and Configuration Guide), it says we need to modify dsenv, .odbc.ini & uvodbc.config files entering appropriate env variables & information. But I cannot find exact procedure how to modify & what to modify.

Can anyone please give ideas/solutions for creating connectivity to databases explained above.

Thanks in advance
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:!: New problem / question means you open a new post on the subject rather just switch subjects in an unrelated thread. If that was OK then we'd all just have one post assigned at birth, some of which would be virtual novels by now.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers