Two DB2 instances

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dvpawankumar
Participant

Two DB2 instances

Post by dvpawankumar »

Hi,

I have a scenario, where I shold specify two different DB2 instances in the same job.(one for source DB2 stage and the other for target DB2 stage). The installation directories for the two DB2 insatnces are different. How can I specify them at the stage level(Seperately for source and target DB2 stages).Please guide me on this.

Job Type: Parallel job
Version: 7.5.1

Thanks in advance,
Pavan.
Sourav
Participant

Two DB2 instances

Post by Sourav »

Hi ,

As far your requirement , you have to select client instance name in the db2 enterprise stage as well as other require properties . Same thing you have to implement in the other db2 enterprise stage but client instance name should be different as you mentioned .
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I doubt that it's easily possible in one job, because the DB2INSTANCE environment variable can only have one value at a time, and can not readily be set at the stage level. Of course, were you to use a Build stage or a Wrapped stage, then you can do whatever you please.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.