Error Record Handling

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

senthilmp
Participant

Error Record Handling

Post by senthilmp »

Am trying to do in the Datastage Designer, My aim is as follows:

Step 1) Read data from oracle source and transform it with one to one mapping and write to the target. IF any datatype mismatch or field length more than expected the entire rows will be rejected by giving a warning in director.
Step 2) I will be collecting those records rejected through outputlink.REJECTED and writing into a file/table. This all work fine.

Now what i want to do is, also attach a field with already existing field of rejection links say 'Warning Field' and this should have the particular warning message from the log.

For eg. if a record is rejected due to the warning 'Inserted value too large for column,row rejected' then this warning message should be entered in the Warning Field to the reject link along with other rejected record field

if the target table is havign Field1 with varchar2(3) and the data for this particular field from source is 'DATAST' then it will be rejected with the above said warning, now the file/table which collects the reject records should have Fiedl1 - DATAST Warning Field - Inserted Value too large for column,row rejected

Can anyone help me out?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:!: Please do not start a new post for the same question you're already discussing elsewhere:

viewtopic.php?t=123358
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers