How to change metadata in runtime of a Datastage job?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sambitsamantray
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to change metadata in runtime of a Datastage job?

Post by sambitsamantray »

I have a job which i have to use for multiple interfaces. But the metadata isn't similar for each interface or rather every interface has unique metadata for itself. Hence rather than constructing the same job multiple times for every interface is there any way we can give the required metadata as input in the runtime so that we can avoid constructing multiple jobs and reduce time consumption in construction and use the same job for every interface.
Sambit Samantray
hamzaqk
Participant

Post by hamzaqk »

run time column propogation................... RPC or use schema files to input metadata definition to the jobs. it worked for me :D
Teradata Certified Master V2R5
sambitsamantray
Premium Member
Premium Member

Is it applicable to everything i.e., sequential files, Source and target tables etc. or is it only specific to Sequential file??
Sambit Samantray
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

runtime column propagation is used throughout DataStage PX jobs.
sambitsamantray
Premium Member
Premium Member

Well Thanks....
Sambit Samantray
sambitsamantray
Premium Member
Premium Member

Please let me know if there are any examples...It would be very good of you all if there is any real time example
Sambit Samantray
nkln@you
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nkln@you »

run time column propogation................... RPC or use schema files to input metadata definition to the jobs. it worked for me

Is it that for each source file metadata structure, should we have a separate schema file?If so, how could we determine in runtime that a specific schema file has to be used?
Aim high
throbinson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by throbinson »

RCP is NOT applicable to all PX stages. Specifically, it cannot be used with the Teradata API stage. I'd like to make this generalization; wherever a column is needed to generate the SQL at compile time, RCP cannot be used. The teradata API stage is such a place.