record dropping

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pribomb
Participant

record dropping

Post by pribomb »

Hi,
Following is my job

File-> RemoveDup->Transformer->Aggregator-> Transformer->File

In this case around 600 records are getting dropped which should not be and logic is correct and most surprising thing is while i checkfor the dropped records Unix putty is showing some of those records that are already in the file. Please help me.I just have 1 hr left.
Jasti
Participant

Post by Jasti »

At which stage the records are getting dropped?Any warings(or information) from the job log?
Thanks,
Mohan.A.Jasti.
pribomb
Participant

Post by pribomb »

Jasti wrote:At which stage the records are getting dropped?Any warings(or information) from the job log?
Thanks for reply it shows the foll warning
When checking operator: When validating export schema: At field "Volume": Exporting nullable field without null handling properties

This field is a nullable field and hence we are not using null handling.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Just because a field is nullable doesn't mean you don't have to do any null handling. For example, are you writing to a fixed-width file?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

One hour left for what?

DSXchange is an all-volunteer site whose members post as and when they can. You posted at 2am my time, there's no way I'm awake at that hour.

If you need urgent help, sign up with your official support provider for premium service, and learn just how much "urgent" costs.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency for us.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.