Call the routine UtilityRunJob from a parallel job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Alethesnake
Participant

Call the routine UtilityRunJob from a parallel job

Post by Alethesnake »

Hi All,
I've a little problem with the UtilityRunJob routine.
It works fine when I use it from a transformer of a server job, but it doesn't work in the transformer of a parallel one (I'm new to DS Enterprise Edition).

I read here in some posts that it can be used both in server than in parallel jobs, is it right or I misundersood what I read?

(I'm calling the routine from a field of the transformer, but in the case of the parallel the routine is not recognized in the transformer and the field is marked in red).

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Ale.
mahadev.v
Participant

Post by mahadev.v »

You will find two transformers in the palette for a parallel job. Transformer, Basic transformer. You will have to use a Basic Transformer in parallel jobs to use a basic routine. If you cannot find the Basic Transformer then customize your palette and add it.
"given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow" - Eric S. Raymond
Alethesnake
Participant

Post by Alethesnake »

Thanks for your answer, mahadev.v.
I tried to customize my palette in order to get the basic trasformer, but I didn't found it anywhere (I found all other stage shortcuts but not it).

I found that it's not available in MPP, is it right?

thanks.
Alethesnake
Participant

Post by Alethesnake »

Errata Corrige, I got it.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards,

Ale.