How to capture performance statistics of a job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RAJEEV KATTA
Participant

How to capture performance statistics of a job

Post by RAJEEV KATTA »

The privileges for viewing my job are disabled in designer and I want to capture the statistics of no of records been processed for each stage/link.
I have used the dsdesign command below to get that

dsdesign.exe /H=192.168.134.75 /U=user1 /P=pass1 project1 job1 /R /RP= C:\new\ /RX

when I run this command I see that the bitmap image gets created with the job design but the performance statistics are not captured in the bit map image.

Is something or some option is missing or is there anyway within dsjob option which can do that.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You can't get that information from that "report". You need to either farm the logs or query the appropriate links directly for their counts. Exactly what "statistics" are you interested in?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
RAJEEV KATTA
Participant

Post by RAJEEV KATTA »

If there are three stages for example seq file-->AGG-->Dataset.I want to know how many records are being read from seq file,whats the input records count to aggregator and then with how many records the dataset is getting created.I need the row count of each stage/link.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can't get that information from that "report". You need to either farm the logs or query the appropriate links directly (for example using DSGetLinkInfo() function or dsjob -linkinfo command) for their counts.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

dsjob -report XML

is what you need. You need to give it project and job name. XML is optional.
Mamu Kim
Shruthi
Participant

Post by Shruthi »

Hi Rajeev, I had the same scenario and it was done in after job routines using DSGetLinkInfo() function.
Shruthi
RAJEEV KATTA
Participant

Post by RAJEEV KATTA »

If I run dsjob -report XML where does this gets created on the local directory if no directory is specified while running
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Use a redirection operator to generate the report to wherever you require. Don't forget to redirect stderr to the same file.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.