XML File read warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bi_fujitsu
Premium Member
Premium Member

XML File read warning

Post by bi_fujitsu »

I am reading xml file data and writing it to the sequential file. The job design is External Source Stage-->XML Input Stage-->Sequential File.

Source program path mentioned in External SOurce Stage is ls \\Svkcdisd01\Projects\EDW\Outputs\sample.xml-----and it is returning me one row in the output column. Then in XML input stage, I checked on URL?File Path and gave Repetition element also. When I am running my job, there is one record goes from External Source Stage to XML input, but no rows flow after XML stage. I am getting the warning message:

XML_Input_1,0: Warning: xml_test1.XML_Input_1: XML input document parsing failed. Reason: Xalan fatal error (publicId: , systemId: , line: 0, column: 0): An exception occurred! Type:RuntimeException, Message:The primary document entity could not be opened. Id=C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\Projects\EDW///Svkcdisd01/Projects/EDW/Outputs/sample.xml

Structure of xml file :
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
- <customers>
- <customer id="55000">
<name>Charter Group</name>
- <address>
<street>100 Main</street>
<city>Framingham</city>
<state>MA</state>
<zip>01701</zip>
</address>
- <address>
<street>720 Prospect</street>
<city>Framingham</city>
<state>MA</state>
<zip>01701</zip>
</address>
- <address>
<street>120 Ridge</street>
<state>MA</state>
<zip>01760</zip>
</address>
</customer>
</customers>

Please give any suggestions..

Thanks,
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: XML File read warning

Post by chulett »

It can't open the input file.
bi_fujitsu wrote:Message:The primary document entity could not be opened. Id=C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\Projects\EDW///Svkcdisd01/Projects/EDW/Outputs/sample.xml
I'm assuming that's not the full path to the file you want to parse. Any idea how the "EDW" path is getting added to what you think you are passing in from the External Source stage?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
bi_fujitsu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bi_fujitsu »

There was problem with the directory path. The path was corrupted. Admin has re-started the box and its working now.