Generate Job Statistics as html report

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Lotus26
Premium Member
Premium Member

Generate Job Statistics as html report

Post by Lotus26 »

Hi

Can we generate Statistics of a job as html document . I want to automize that part .So I created a batch file and I tried windows command of

dsjob.exe as

dsjob.exe /H=%Host% /U=%User% /P=%Password% ProjectName JobName > LogFile

But I think I am missing something and hence I am not able to generate the report . Can anybody help me out in this and tell me what options I can use .

I would appreciate your time.
Regards
Lotus26
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You should be using dsdesign.exe not dsjob.exe and you need to double-check that you are passing it enough parameters. Search the forums here for "dsdesign" to see examples of how it is called.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Try this:

Code: Select all

%DsDesignerCmd% /H=%Host% /U=%User% /P=%Password% %Project% %%i /R /RP=%BackupDir%%DsxDate% /RX >> %LogFileName%
Mamu Kim
qutesanju
Participant

Re: Generate Job Statistics as html report

Post by qutesanju »

hello Lotus26 can u pls share the automated batch file here,
I also want to automate this task.I need to generate HTML report for all the job from my project .
I can do this for singel job as
1 open the job
2 then File-->generate HTML report

but as there are plenty of jobs in one project so how can I do this for plenty of jobs?

Lotus26 wrote:Hi

Can we generate Statistics of a job as html document . I want to automize that part .So I created a batch file and I tried windows command of

dsjob.exe as

dsjob.exe /H=%Host% /U=%User% /P=%Password% ProjectName JobName > LogFile

But I think I am missing something and hence I am not able to generate the report . Can anybody help me out in this and tell me what options I can use .

I would appreciate your time.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The second person personal pronoun in English is spelled "you", not "u".

Please strive for a professional standard of English on DSXchange, because even good English is difficult enough for non-native speakers, and also because DSXchange is not an SMS-enabled device.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

This does not do job statistics. This report shows job design. If you want row counts and similar statistics then you need to state exactly what you are looking for.
Mamu Kim
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Regardless, build a looping structure. Use 'dsjob' to get a list of the jobs in the project and then iterate through that list and get whatever it is you need from each one in that fashion.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers