ecom_order_proj_dtl_SRC_SEL,0: Fatal Error: Virtual data set

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

balu_infotech
Participant

ecom_order_proj_dtl_SRC_SEL,0: Fatal Error: Virtual data set

Post by balu_infotech »

i am facing issues:
ecom_order_proj_dtl_SRC_SEL,0: Fatal Error: Virtual data set.; output of "ecom_order_proj_dtl_SRC_SEL": un-handled error converting output field.

source is orcale-->tranformer -->teradata.

while running the job ,it get aborted due to above issues.any suggest me ,how rwcoved the load.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Sure. Find out what's wrong with the data. It's something DataStage does not know how to handle. Check that the metadata in your job design precisely matches what you imported from Teradata.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
balu_infotech
Participant

Metadata is propere

Post by balu_infotech »

source to target mapping is propere .this job is runing on daily bases.yesterday job got aborted ,perviouly it is working fine
mahadev.v
Participant

Post by mahadev.v »

Look at the stage, ecom_order_proj_dtl_SRC_SEL. there is possibly an implicit conversion. Check the data types for the source and the target columns and their mappings.
"given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow" - Eric S. Raymond
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: Metadata is propere

Post by ray.wurlod »

balu_infotech wrote:source to target mapping is propere .this job is runing on daily bases.yesterday job got aborted ,perviouly it is working fine
So what has changed? Tip: "nothing" is not the correct answer.

As I already advised, check the data.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.