Server Shared Container failing in Parallel Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

smishra.ds
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server Shared Container failing in Parallel Job

Post by smishra.ds »

Hi,

I have a server shared container used in Parallel job.
This job was running fine.

The Parallel Job flow of job is as below:-

Seq_File_Stage ---> ServerSharedContainer ---> Output

Flow of Server Shared Container:-

----> Transformer [One lookup link on Basic Transformer] ---> Three Out put link.

Till now When ever the Parallel Job was running a report was getting generated about the number of records read by sequential file stage.
But in this case, in the log after the Config File information log,no report for number of records read got generated and its directly throwing the below warnings in the order.

1.SharedCont,0: Operator terminated abnormally: received signal SIGBUS [Fatal Error]

2.Abnormal termination of stage Job1_px(SharedCont).11#0.SharedCont.Ins_Tmr detected [Warning]

3. main_program: Unexpected exit status 1 [Fatal Error]
Unexpected exit status 1
Unexpected exit status 1
Unexpected exit status 1
Unexpected exit status 1
Unexpected exit status 1
Unexpected exit status 1
Unexpected exit status 1

4.main_program: Step execution finished with status = FAILED.
I am getting there is some problem in Transformer, but what exactly it is, log is not giving any sign. As we have a lot number of tranformation, we cann't check which one is right or wrong.

I was able to read the file from the Sequential File stage, in the job, hence there is no Data Problem at the source of this job.

Have any one of you noticed any abnormal behaviour of Server Shared Container in Parallel Job?

Or can there be any Admin Related settings got changed which can create such a problem?

Or is there any problem with Server Shared Container in PX environment, as it is raising the abort request.

This is getting called in a check pointed run sequencer.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
smishra.ds
Premium Member
Premium Member

The issue got resolved.

Post by smishra.ds »

Hi,

The issue with the job got resolved.

I re-started the jobs again after some time, with the expectation that SIGBUS is an operating system error and it is not related to any of the Job logic.

The job ran fine. Which clearly shows the issue with the resource contention.

Please post any other issue/solution/info related to the server container uses in the Parallel jobs. It will be really helpful for many DS users.
Thanks.