preserving partition of the parrallel data set in input 0

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yollsonlegrand
Participant

preserving partition of the parrallel data set in input 0

Post by yollsonlegrand »

Helo all,
I,m facing a warnig since few days. By runing the message I receive the following message: When checking operator: A sequential operator cannot preserve the partitioning of the data set on input port 0.

I'm only handling data set file and table as input and output. Has some already faced this warning?
Thank's in advance for all your help.
Yollson Empereur
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Did you try searching for your message? I got 34 matches when I just did, surely your answer is out there in the flotsam and jetsam.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
yollsonlegrand
Participant

Post by yollsonlegrand »

chulett wrote:Did you try searching for your message? I got 34 matches when I just did, surely your answer is out there in the flotsam and jetsam. ...
Can you tell me please which words you type and where you type this to get your 34 items about my problem?
I try too and looking in the first 5pages I didn't find the subject.
If you have the link where to read what I'm looking for, please send this to mee.
Thank's in advance.
Yollson Empereur
MANAV98
Participant

Post by MANAV98 »

You can type in the error message our a part of it by clicking on the Search tab at the top of the screen, below the DSXchange sign
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I did an Exact Search for "sequential operator cannot preserve the partitioning". You need to search for enough to find what you are looking for without searching for "too much" or anything specific to your data / problem.
-craig

yollsonlegrand
Participant

Post by yollsonlegrand »

Thank' for your reply. It look like you did the same researchs like me and at the same place with the same words. We can't say that it is trivial to find what we are looking for, when we find items about the words we typ in search wndows. We don't get any time what we are looking for by doing this.
I'm agree with the rules to first search the theme before posting our question. But it is some time difficult to find the answer than repost some question.
na ja, Thank's once more. I'll see how to look insinde the 500 pages I receive.
Yollson Empereur
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

Strange. I just attempted Craig's search myself and got "Search found 34 matches".

That said, I do agree that the search function is not all that easy to use. Perhaps someone who has figured out the nuances could post a FAQ on using search.

Mike
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

One thing - stick with the Exact match. The other two seem to be 'broken' in that they appear to be date limited in order to cut down on the results returned. Those volume warnings on the Search page are there for a reason. Problem is, I've searched for posts I know I've made, and while the Exact search finds them the others don't unless they were made in the fairly recent past.

You'll find some posts on the subject in the Site forum.
-craig

srinivas.g
Participant

Post by srinivas.g »

Set Preserve partitioning is clear by default it is propagate.
Srinu Gadipudi