Abort a job when data in a link has reached some threshold

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsuser7
Participant

Abort a job when data in a link has reached some threshold

Post by dsuser7 »

Hi,

Is there a possibility to abort a job when the data in a particular link (say error link) has reached a threshold (i.e, 30% of the Input count - assuming the input count is available as a job parameter)

Any help/suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
DSUser7.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Yes, look at your Transform stage and the setting for "Abort after rows"
dsuser7
Participant

Post by dsuser7 »

ArndW wrote:Yes, look at your Transform stage and the setting for "Abort after rows" ...
But AndrW, the setting- Abort after rows will take only numerals...I mean I wouldn't be able to use a parameter there. But as the count of records in the input file is dynamic, I wouldn't be able to hardcode the 30% of the count.
Is there any other way to do it?
Please suggest
Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you only have a percentage as input then you cannot do this from within the job unless you know how many rows you are going to get. Then you can compute the trigger number of rows and make a reject link output force the job to abort when the constraint send a row down that link.
dsuser7
Participant

Post by dsuser7 »

ArndW wrote:If you only have a percentage as input then you cannot do this from within the job unless you know how many rows you are going to get. Then you can compute the trigger number of rows and make a reject ...
Sorry, but I couldn't view your complete response as it was 'Premium Content'. What I understood is that we ought to know the exact number beforehand to use 'Abort after rows' property and there is no other way to do it with parameters.

Thanks for the info.