Canot populate the target FILE with data

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yollsonlegrand
Participant

Post by yollsonlegrand »

chulett wrote:Error when checking composite operator: Setting null to this non-nullable field:StageVar0_svCODEGRPGEP

Stage variables are non-nullable so cannot be set to null. ...
Ok. But only giving this information like that about stage variable that cannot be null is not helpfull dear Chulett.
The suggest to use SetNull() function instead of "NULL" was giving to try to adress the problem that I describe in my last post. do you have any idea about how to deal with this Null value problem? Like you see I have allready set the others stage variables to null by using "NULL ". And this work for the 2 other stage variable and not for one of them. We were looking for a solution as we use the SetNull() function that break dow the job by compiling it.
If you have an idea please sait it. I'm leastened to you.
Thank's for you reply.
Yollson Empereur
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not sure how that wasn't helpful as it explained your compiler error, which was all I was trying to do. Obviously, you need to go back to "Y"/"N" or "NULL" in your variable, making sure your derivations are correct.
Last edited by chulett on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
yollsonlegrand
Participant

Post by yollsonlegrand »

chulett wrote:Not sure how that wasn't helpful as it explained your compiler error, which was all I was trying to do. Obviously, you need to go back to "Y"/"N" or "NULL" in your variable, making sure your derivatio ...
I dont't understand why i'm not receive the whole posted message.
Ok. I've a question to try solve my problem.
I ve to deal with a condition in transformer where a field value can be Null. Like you know, it isn't possible to setnull() to a field in stage variable.
I still believe that there is a possibility to countourn this problem in parallel job.
So, in my transformer I've defined condition to guide the output file.
For example. If field A=field B than "Y" else "N"
and it is possible that the field B has NULL value. What not gut in the Transformer as I now know. But because in the same transformer I can't deal this NULL Field Value, how can I deal this in the Job?
In the Column derivation I set the condition to deal the Null Field value. But this isn't suffisent because in the stage variable over the trasnformer I'm allready use the NULL Field B value to guide the output data.
I've so leattle experience with the parallel job. Is some one here that can tell me how to adresse this problem?
Once more thank's for your answer.
Yollson Empereur
yollsonlegrand
Participant

Post by yollsonlegrand »

yollsonlegrand wrote:
But because in the same transformer I can't deal this NULL Field Value, how can I deal this in the Job?
Please I wannted to say: because in the stage variable I can't deal this NULL FIELD Value, how can I deal this in the Transformer?
Yollson Empereur
Scope
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Scope »

cann you try nulltoempty function

Code: Select all

IF(IsNull(FIELD_NAME) or Len(Trim(NullToEmpty(FIELD_NAME)))=0) Then "Y" else "N" 
Kumarez
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

yollsonlegrand wrote:I dont't understand why i'm not receive the whole posted message.
You don't? You're not aware of the Premium Membership available here? :?

There are five (six?) Premium Posters and their complete answers can only be seen by those whom (in essence) subscribe to DSXchange, helping to keep the site alive. Details here:

memberbenefits/

That being said, I've removed the "Premium Content" flag from the previous post as it wasn't all that exciting and you only missed two words.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

Yollson, Did you get this problem resolved?
Kandy