Canot populate the target FILE with data

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yollsonlegrand
Participant

Canot populate the target FILE with data

Post by yollsonlegrand »

Hello any one,
I have a Job that runing well according to the director log information. But curiously the target output file that match the constraint condition is not populate with data for the input file. I can't understant why is this so. I've two output file on the transformer. That mean only two possibiity that I considered in transformer. And the input data are in the stat that may let the transformer populate one of the two ouput target file matching the one of the condition. But no data arge sending out of the transformer. And no error and no warning is givien up. All seem to work well. But for me no because I need the data in the output file. Before this last transformer I use one on the begin of the same Job with a constraint. And this give out the wainting information. That mean I still coming up well setting my constraints to get the waiting values at the ouput file.
And the Job Status in Director finish without see log option. The message main_programm is set to: step execution finished with status=OK. But no output is populate. I remarque that i get the followed Informations in Director log without warning:
-APT_CombinedOperatorController(1),0 Logging delayed metadata
-APT_CombinedOperatorController(1),0:Requestion delayed metadata
-APT_CombinedOperatorController(1),0: 100 Rows writen to reject link:DSLINK 149.
I've no reject Link on my Lookup stage. I set "Condition Not Met" and "Lookup failure"-option in all lookup stage my Job to "continue" evens if a condition fail. Because I need all the cases. And until the last transformer before the output target file, i correctly receive the data I'm waiting for. And hier, these will not sending according to the transformer constraint to the right ouput target file.

If any one no why the target output file that match the condition in the Transformer is not populate please tell it to me. I'm waiting
Thank'in advance
Yollson Empereur
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The messages you posted are for a lookup stage, yet your are talking about a transform stage. Ignoring your lookup stage issues, the transform stage limits output only in the constraints, so please post your constraints and whether or not you have activated the "otherwise" box for any of them.
yollsonlegrand
Participant

Post by yollsonlegrand »

ArndW wrote:The messages you posted are for a lookup stage, yet your are talking about a transform stage. Ignoring your lookup stage issues, the transform stage limits output only in the constraints, so please po ...
Ok but I posted the message in this form to give you more information about the job. Now I can't realy understand what you mean with Po...
Can you tell me please what you mean?
I'am agree with you about the Trasnformer stage work. But this don't tell me why am I not getting output data out from the transformer stage as expected.
Can you please be more expressif with your advise? I could'nt understand it. What am' i suppose to explain to make my problem more understandable?
Thank's once more for taking time to answer my question.
Yollson Empereur
Scope
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Scope »

hi..

can you run the job without constraint.and find out records poupulated in the target.

do you have any message handler in your job...
Kumarez
yollsonlegrand
Participant

Post by yollsonlegrand »

Scope wrote:hi..

can you run the job without constraint.and find out records poupulated in the target.

do you have any message handler in your job...
Like I say it before, ther is not warnig after runing the Job. And the director log say the Job hat the statut finished without the see log option. and one about many other information in the log(without warning=all is good) is for example setting like this:
main_programm:Step execution finished with status=OK

But only the expected output file in the transformer is not populated.
I've no message handler in the job.
Thank's for your response once more.
Yollson Empereur
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The only way that 100 rows going into a transform won't generate 100 rows for each and every output link is if you use constraints (or have errors). So we need to know what constraints you have used.
yollsonlegrand
Participant

Post by yollsonlegrand »

ArndW wrote:The only way that 100 rows going into a transform won't generate 100 rows for each and every output link is if you use constraints (or have errors). So we need to know what constraints you have used. ...
I set a stage variable like this:
svInsNewRow:IF(IsNull(FIELD_NAME) or Len(Trim(FIELD_NAME))=0) Then "YES" else "N"

The 2 output target FIle for the Transformer have constraint setting like this:
To InsertNew row I set the value of the constraint so that svInsNewRow="Y" That is what I wannt.
To Update existing row I set the value of the constraint so that
svInsNewRow="N"

Wenn I run the job i get no warning and no error. And I confirme that The incomming File on the Transformer has Data to meet at least the first condition.
But like I'm saying, I'm not getting the target File populating with the expected data wihout warning and without error message and the jobstatu finished with OK.
I hoe this will help understand my Problem.
Thank's all of you that take time for giving back an reply to my problem.
Yollson Empereur
kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

You used YES at stage variable and Y at constraint level. Pls check.
Kandy

Post by yollsonlegrand »

kandyshandy wrote:You used YES at stage variable and Y at constraint level. Pls check.
You are right man. I set it with yes and I'm now facing the problem of NULL Value in e FIELD..

I set a stage variable for this FIELD like this svCODE1: IF(isNull(CODE1) or Len(Trim(CODE1))=0 Then 'NULL' else CODE1.
After this I set the derivation at the CODE-Level with the value of scCODE1.
By running i receive the following Message Error:

Fatal ERROR: Null value on the accessor interfacing to Field CODE1.

As output i'm using dataset_File.

Am'i forgeted to set some thing correctly?
Thank's for your reply.
Yollson Empereur
yollsonlegrand
Participant

Post by yollsonlegrand »

kandyshandy wrote:You used YES at stage variable and Y at constraint level. Pls check.
You are right man. I set it with yes and I'm now facing the problem of NULL Value in e FIELD..

I set a stage variable for this FIELD like this svCODE1: IF(isNull(CODE1) or Len(Trim(CODE1))=0 Then 'NULL' else CODE1.
After this I set the derivation at the CODE-Level with the value of scCODE1.
By running i receive the following Message Error:

Fatal ERROR: Null value on the accessor interfacing to Field CODE1.

As output i'm using dataset_File.

Am'i forgeted to set some thing correctly?
Thank's for your reply.
Yollson Empereur
kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

I don't get you. Can you pls be more specific?

Like what are the source fields (exact names)?
What are the stage variables' names and their derivation?
What are the fields in target and their derivation?
Kandy

Post by yollsonlegrand »

kandyshandy wrote:I don't get you. Can you pls be more specific?

Like what are the source fields (exact names)?
What are the stage variables' names and their derivation?
What are the fields in target and their derivation?
I' m saying that after well seting "YES" instead of "Y", it go on with a new problem. NULL Handeling FIELD VALUE.
I handel Null value of the FIELD like I sait it before and the Job failed by runing it.

As Source fields there a 3. CODE_GRPGEO,CODE_GAMME, and CODE_GRPMAR. There have all NULL value and i'm supposed to populate followed matching condition the Target FIELDS with are:
CODE_GRPGEO_NEW, CODE_GAMME_NEW, CODE_GRPMAR_NEW

The stage variable to handel this FIeld with NULL value are:
svCODEGRPGEO
seting: If(isNULL(CODE_GRPGEO) or Len(Trim(CODE_GRPGEO))=0)Then "NULL" ELSE "CODE_GRPGEO"

Same setting is to find in the other stage variable which are svCODEGAMME and svCODEGRPMAR.

And derivation to the target FIELDS are as follow
svCODEGRPGEO-->CODE_GRPGEO_NEW
svCODEGAMME -->CODE_GAMME_NEW
svCODEGRPMAR -->CODE_GRPMAR_NEW.

after runing the job i get the followed error message:
following Error Message: Null value on the accessor interfacing to field"CODE_GRPGEO"

I hoe to have be more explicit. If not I leasten to you.
Thank's for you help about this.
Yollson Empereur
kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

Try : Then SetNull() Else CODE_GRPGEO. Pls don't include double quotes for field names.
Kandy

Post by yollsonlegrand »

kandyshandy wrote:Try : Then SetNull() Else CODE_GRPGEO. Pls don't include double quotes for field names.
I've setted the SetNull() function as you say it. it breake all down. I couldn't compile the job. the job compiling give a long message error on a fenster. I can give you here some big line:
<main_program> Parameter specified but not used in flow: DSPXWorkingDir
<Transformer>Error when checking composite operator: Setting null to this non-nullable field:StageVar0_svCODEGRPGEP

and so one..

this is only error by compiling the job. And it wasn't read in the stage variable definition. That mean it could not be a probleme with the function SetNull(). That is all I can say.

Perraph's it can help to finde some thing wrong.
I' waiting all information about this compilation error.
Thank's once more for your help
I'm waiting.
Yollson Empereur
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Error when checking composite operator: Setting null to this non-nullable field:StageVar0_svCODEGRPGEP

Stage variables are non-nullable so cannot be set to null.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers