All DB2 UDB API stages default to Grid Style

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

BIuser
Premium Member
Premium Member

All DB2 UDB API stages default to Grid Style

Post by BIuser »

Hi

The strangest thing happened to one of our clients...

All the DB2 UDB API stages in one project suddenly defaulted to the "Grid Style" view. We have been trying to get back the normal view by opening the stage with a right click and selecting properties but it still views in "Grid Style"

Does anybody know if there's an environment variable that changes this defaul view - or has the stage gone corrupt?

Any help would be appreciated...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There's no setting for this. Does this happen to just certain people or to anyone who connects to the project? Usually that's a client side problem, corruption or lack of memory related from what I recall, but it sounds like it's an "everyone but only in a specific project" problem. Odd. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
BIuser
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BIuser »

It happened at a project level, they have 5 people using different client work stations. All of them get the same "Grid Style" view when opening a DB2 UDB API stage on the specific project.

If they connect to a diffirent project - they can open in both "Grid Style" or the "Normal View" of the stage...

The jobs still work but for development purposes they cant "View Data" via the "Grid Style" view...

Weird... :shock:
-------------------------
https://www.ssa.co.za
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It might be worth re-installing the DB2 UDB API stage in this project.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yup, that would be the first suggestion.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
nigel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Solution!!

Post by nigel »

Hi Guys,

I managed to fix this by 'peeking beneath the covers'. One should only attempt this if you're familiar with the universe environment. This works for both server and parallel editions of datastage.

I also had this issue at 2 different client sites, one ORACLE OCI and the other DB2.

You can telnet into the universe engine and type in your project name when prompted for 'Account'.

The problem lies in the plug-in record in the engine hash file DS_PLUGIN_STAGES.

Its quite complicated, so feel free to contact me via this site and I'll take you through the solution.

Regards

Nigel
Nigel
nigel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Correction

Post by nigel »

Hi,

Apologies for the error in the last post. The hash file name I was referring to is DS_STAGETYPES instead of DS_PLUGIN_STAGES.
Nigel
nigel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Correction

Post by nigel »

Hi,

Apologies for the error in the last post. The hash file name I was referring to is DS_STAGETYPES instead of DS_PLUGIN_STAGES.
Nigel