Oracle Enterprise Stage with Partition Table property

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

angelnelson
Participant

Oracle Enterprise Stage with Partition Table property

Post by angelnelson »

Hi all,

I have a job with source and target stages are Oracle enterprise.
The job was running fine without the partition table property. Since it had taken much time, to improve the performance, i have given the partition table property.

Now i have got the following error:
"Connect failed: Oracle version 0 is NOT supported.
APT_OraReadOperator: connect failed.
Error while determining Oracle release. SQL-02146: Attempt to allocate an existing descriptor
The runLocally() of the operator failed.
Error while determining Oracle release. ORA-00022: invalid session ID; access denied"

I read in this forum that some of the dba related tables should have SELECT access to use Oracle enterprise stage. I am not sure whether i have this access and about the list of tables to have this access.

Is this related to the error which i have got?

Your help is highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance..
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

That could be the cause. You need to execute the following:
  • CREATE ROLE DSXE; GRANT SELECT on sys.dba_extents to DSXE; GRANT SELECT on sys.dba_data_files to DSXE; GRANT SELECT on sys.dba_tab_partitions to
    GRANT SELECT on sys.dba_tab_subpartitions
    GRANT SELECT on sys.dba_objects to DSXE; GRANT SELECT on sys.all_part_indexes to
    GRANT SELECT on sys.all_part_tables to DSXE; GRANT SELECT on sys.all_indexes to DSXE;

Then "GRANT DSXE to oracle userid;"
angelnelson
Participant

Post by angelnelson »

ArndW wrote:That could be the cause. You need to execute the following:
  • CREATE ROLE DSXE; GRANT SELECT on sys.dba_extents to DSXE; GRANT SELECT on sys.dba_data_files to DSXE; GRANT SELECT on sys.dba_tab_ ...
Thanks a lot for your response. I will try it and let you know.
cherry
Participant

Post by cherry »

Oracle Error :: SQL-02146
Attempt to allocate an existing descriptor

Cause
An attempt allocated a descriptor which has previously been allocated was encountered.

Action
Use and unique descriptor name or deallocate the descriptor before attempting to reallocate it.

ORA-00022: invalid session ID; access denied
Cause: Either the session specified does not exist or the caller does not have the privilege to access it.

These errors are due to that these Jobs that were run already having the same session Id. When you are trying to re-run the job using a different method, the already existing Id is blocking the Job to run properly.

The privileages to the SYS DBA tables are one of the basic setup, so better consult with your DataStage Administrator and the DBA who involved in the setting up of the environment. :lol: