Fatal Error: Added field has duplicate identifier()

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Kshitij Rawat
Participant

Fatal Error: Added field has duplicate identifier()

Post by Kshitij Rawat »

Hello,

While compilation of the job I am getting below error:-

Fatal Error: Added field has duplicate identifier().

I have no idea to remove this error even I redesigned the job. The job is supposed to to join for more then 100 input links. But each link has only two colunms.

Thanks.
ETL DEVELOPER

Watch The Time Cycle, You Will Have All Answers.
mahadev.v
Participant

Post by mahadev.v »

You have a duplicate field name. Probably in the place where u are joining. Click on "Show Error" button on the compile dialog box to see which stage is giving this error. Or switch on the "Stage validation errors" in the menu.
"given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow" - Eric S. Raymond
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

More than 100 input links to a join stage is somewhat unusual. Also consider the possibility that you have encountered a bug. I would initially suspect the transition from 99 to 100 links. Does the error go away if you reduce the number of input links to 99?

Mike
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

And maybe some more appropriate advice...

I can't believe you had the patience to add 100+ links to a stage... and then populate the metadata for each. That must look absolutely horrendous on the canvas.

What is the business problem that you're trying to solve? Describe that and more than likely the community here can suggest a more suitable solution.

Mike