Unable to Communicate Datstage server through clients

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shailesh_pendkar
Participant

Unable to Communicate Datstage server through clients

Post by shailesh_pendkar »

Hi,

Information server 8.0.1 (Datastage 8.0.1) is installed on AIX.

I am able to access information server through web console (IE). I have created users and admin with required roles as well from this consol.

when I am trying to connect datastage server from either administrator or Designer client I am getting below error. I also tried changing host file in my laptop ie client machine....still nogo

Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected Domain:
A communication failure occurred while attempting to obtain an initial context with the provider URL: "iiop://SVHJ0014:2809". Make sure that any bootstrap address information in the URL is correct and that the target name server is running. A bootstrap address with no port specification defaults to port 2809. Possible causes other than an incorrect bootstrap address or unavailable name server include the network environment and workstation network configuration.
javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: A communication failure occurred while attempting to obtain an initial context with the provider URL: "iiop://SVHJ0014:2809". Make sure that any bootstrap address information in the URL is correct and that the target name server is running. A bootstrap address with no port specification defaults to port 2809. Possible causes other than an incorrect bootstrap address or unavailable name server include the network environment and workstation network configuration.

Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: A communication failure occurred while attempting to obtain an initial context with the provider URL: "iiop://SVHJ0014:2809". Make sure that any bootstrap address information in the URL is correct and that the target name server is running. A bootstrap address with no port specification defaults to port 2809. Possible causes other than an incorrect bootstrap address or unavailable name server include the network environment and workstation network configuration. Root exception is org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: CONNECT_FAILURE_ON_SSL_CLIENT_SOCKET - JSSL0130E: java.io.IOException: Signals that an I/O exception of some sort has occurred. Reason: Operation timed out: connect:could be due to invalid address vmcid: 0x49421000 minor code: 70 completed:

Note : name server is not running on server is this could be issue?.
shailesh_pendkar
Participant

Re: Unable to Communicate Datstage server through clients

Post by shailesh_pendkar »

I have found the solution . There were few ports that were blocked by firewall.

Below listed ports need to be configured on firewall access when clients are on other side of firewall from server.

9401 -- 9403

javascript:emoticon(':D')

you must check for access for these ports at your desktop by telneting server with port number :D :D
mchivuku
Participant

Re: Unable to Communicate Datstage server through clients

Post by mchivuku »

shailesh_pendkar wrote:I have found the solution . There were few ports that were blocked by firewall.

Below listed ports need to be configured on firewall access when clients are on other side of firewall from server.

9401 -- 9403

javascript:emoticon(':D')

you must check for access for these ports at your desktop by telneting server with port number :D :D

Hi

Can you tell me how to do these port settings?
I have two servers (windows and z/linux)...please tell me for both
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That would depend entirely on what firewall software you are running. There are lots of these. Consult the associated help or documentation for your specific cases.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.