Bit data Type

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

poonam12
Participant

Bit data Type

Post by poonam12 »

In Parallel Job developer guide , underlying data type for Bit is stated as 'Raw'.
But when I check in Parallel job, its underlying datatype comes as 'unit16'.

I think as a Bit is represented as 1000 0000 , it should be raw which represents 1 byte for each character and not uint16, but why job is showing it as unit16, please help.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not unit, but uint, which stands for "unsigned integer". The job is showing it as whatever you (or its designer) programmed it to show. If you imported the Bit type from a database, then the database reported it as, and probably stores it as, uint16 rather than uint8. What you think is immaterial.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
poonam12
Participant

Post by poonam12 »

[quote="ray.wurlod"]Not unit, but uint, which stands for "unsigned integer". The job is showing it as whatever you (or its designer) programmed it to show. If you imported the Bit type from a database, then the databas ...[/quote]

mistyped while writing...Thanks for help.