How to request the job (parallel, sequence) version?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Paul M
Participant

How to request the job (parallel, sequence) version?

Post by Paul M »

Hi all,
in our project we want to know which (source) version of a parallel or sequence job has carried out some data transformation. I can't find this information in the standard logging (via Director), is it available somewhere? Thanks in advance for any answer.
Paul Mulder
hamzaqk
Participant

Post by hamzaqk »

Code: Select all

SELECT NAME, EVAL "@RECORD<8>" AS VERSION FROM DS_JOBOBJECTS WHERE OBJTYPE = 'J' AND OBJNAME = 'ROOT' AND OBJIDNO = (SELECT JOBNO FROM DS_JOBS WHERE NAME = '<<Job Name>>') COL.SUP COUNT.SUP;
thanks to ray for this :)
Teradata Certified Master V2R5
Paul M
Participant

Post by Paul M »

Hamzaqk,
thanks a lot for your reply. Unfortunately my XMETA repository of Datastage v8.x I use does not know these tables. I tried to figure out which of the existing tables to use instead, but got lost. Any help would be much appreciated. Gr. Paul
hamzaqk
Participant

Post by hamzaqk »

where did u execute this query ? this needs to be done in the DS shell :roll:
Paul M
Participant

Post by Paul M »

Thanks again, Hamzaqk, my ignorance! But executing it from DSSH issued the error: DataStage/SQL: Table "ds_jobobjects" does not exist. Wrong VOC configuration of DSSH maybe?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You need to enter it as posted, things are case-sensitive there to a great degree. And it loves the upper cases. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Paul M
Participant

Post by Paul M »

I tried upper and lower case variants, but still 'ds_jobobjects' seems to be non-existent. And the docs are not very helpful on this subject...:-(
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Two things. First LOGTO YourProject then execute PTERM CASE NOINVERT to stop a paste from inverting the case, then paste the command as posted to the command line.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The local Repository is still used (in conjunction with XMETA) in version 8.0 so this query will work. As noted, the identifiers in the SQL are case sensitive.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hamzaqk
Participant

Post by hamzaqk »

dont copy paste your query in the DOS CLI. use the caps and type it. it will work as i just tried it.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Paste away. :wink: The PTERM command will help there. Besides, the problem was the lack of the LOGTO to the project in question, that or launch the shell from inside the project directory.
-craig

Paul M
Participant

Post by Paul M »

Thanks all of you who responded to my question. I got it working now. Case closed!