Regarding PartitionTable Option in oracle Enterprise stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dstest
Participant

Regarding PartitionTable Option in oracle Enterprise stage

Post by dstest »

Hi,

I am reading from a oracle table which not partitioned.But if i use PartitionTable option in Oracle enterprise stage to the read this unpartitioend table i see the performance improvement.

Can any one pelase explain me when we need to apply partitiontable option.What is the use of this option even if table is not partitioned.

Thanks
dstest
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If the Partition Table field is populated, the stage is able to use parallel read.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mouni
Charter Member
Charter Member

can i multilple tables in this option

Post by mouni »

Hi ,

I would want to make the ORACLE enterprise stage to read in parallel from the source. But by default it is sequential. But i have a user-defined SQL which has many table joined.
SO if i include all these tables used in the SQL in the partition option would all of them read in parallel ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.