Unknown Name

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cherry
Participant

Unknown Name

Post by cherry »

Hi All,

I have a simple job that reads the data using DRS stage and writes to target which is agian a DRS stage. In between I have transfomer stage.

DRS Stage---------> Transformer------------>DRS Stage.

When I try to mention any of the partition type and select the key column for sort in the transformer stage and click ok, a pop up window comes up with a message 'Unknown Name'. Could someone help me in solving the issue.

Thanks In Advance

Best Regards
Cherry
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

OK, I'll bite. No clue, but if this only happens to you and no others, then a complete removal and reinstall of the client is in order. IMHO.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

This happens for some users. I have noticed too. But it wont occur for ds admins as they full privileges.

We got it resolved by raising this issue with vendor IBM and we recieved a fix pack and got it resolved.

This is not problem with your design or stages. This issue occurs only for transformer stage. There is nothing can be done at your end. Please contact IBM and get a fix pack for it.

kamal
cherry
Participant

Post by cherry »

Thanks Kmal for the reply.

Best Regards
Cherry
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So, Cherry - still curious, does this indeed happen for others as well, or just you?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mfavero
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mfavero »

We have been getting this Unkown Name message intermittently and thought it went away on a reboot of the client (that did work once) but now it seems to happen almost all the time and cannot fix.

Does anyone know the patch number, so that when we report it we can get the right fix ASAP?

We are on DataStage EE v 8.0.1
Michael Favero

2852 Humboldt Ave So
Minneapolis, MN 55408
mfavero
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mfavero »

We have been getting this Unknown Name error message intermittently and thought it went away on a reboot of the client (that did work once) but now it seems to happen almost all the time and cannot fix.

Does anyone know the patch number, so that when we report it we can get the right fix ASAP?

We are on DataStage EE v 8.0.1
Michael Favero

2852 Humboldt Ave So
Minneapolis, MN 55408
GJRey
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unknown Name

Post by GJRey »

We are also getting this occasionally. We are using DS EE v.8.0.1.

It is only with the transformer. I tried using a copy stage in between and it worked fine. It's a work around at least.
mfavero
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mfavero »

There is a client patch for this problem. We installed it about a month ago. I am no longer at the client and cannot give you the specifics but check with IBM support.
Michael Favero

2852 Humboldt Ave So
Minneapolis, MN 55408
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Yes, It happens intermittently on systems on which users have restricted access. but closing and reopening the Designer client works most of the times. (in 8.0.1 Not sure about other versions.)

Regards,
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
GJRey
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by GJRey »

Thank you
GJRey
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by GJRey »