Special Character Issue in Datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MarkB
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MarkB »

I wonder if your DBA has Netezza set up to correctly handle the character set you are dealing with? One way to determine this is to take one record from your input file and run it through nzload (the Netezza loader) and then check to see how the row looks in the database.
shobhitj
Participant

Post by shobhitj »

Hi,

I have loaded these records using the Netezza stage in Insert mode.
The data in table is loaded perfectly.

But again the same symbol come & the situation is to update the record, then we are using ODBC Stage, here the prolem comes.

As ui have described in my Question that in soucre i have correct data but when the record is updated then it is updated it as ( ? )

Please let me know any other thing you can suggest on this, that i can try to do
MarkB wrote:I wonder if your DBA has Netezza set up to correctly handle the character set you are dealing with? One way to determine this is to take one record from your input file and run it through nzload (the Netezza loader) and then check to see how the row looks in the database.
Thanks & Regards,
Shobhit Jauhari
senthilmp
Participant

Post by senthilmp »

Pls try out by changing different NLS setting, atleast one will support the character