Permission is not working

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pat_raman2000
Premium Member
Premium Member

Permission is not working

Post by pat_raman2000 »

when i set only two groups /apps to have datastage developer and dsadmin also belong to same group and staff group to have datastage operator.Remaining Unix groups i set none.But when i login with user belonging to staff group alone login it is not working as expected.User is having access to even administartor and also previlige to chnage roles.what might be the issue and how to resolve it.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Everyone has 'access to Administrator' but not everyone can access everything there. Only the 'dsadm' user can make General tab changes, has access to Licensing and can Add/Delete projects and can set Roles for instance. That access is not Role related but tied to the specific user of either 'dsadm' or (in more recent versions) whomever you designated as your Administrative user when the server was installed.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
pat_raman2000
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pat_raman2000 »

I am trying to login using my own id which is not dsadm and it is in staff group and not on the group dsadm user is. For staff group i have set only datastage operator role.But i am able to edit jobs using designer and admin i have access to all the tabs.What might be the issue.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What's your primary group?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
pat_raman2000
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pat_raman2000 »

staff,dsadm is in apps group which i dont have permission