Is it possible to compare multiple job pairs in version 8?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tbtcust
Premium Member
Premium Member

Is it possible to compare multiple job pairs in version 8?

Post by tbtcust »

Hi All.

Is it possible to compare multiple job pairs at once in version 8?

I have a set of jobs in development and that same set of jobs are in production. I want to identify all jobs in production that have been changed in development and what those changes are.

I'm want to avoid comparing one pair at a time. Perhaps there is some batch process that does this.

Thanks in advance for any help.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't think so. The comparison tool is very much tied in to the GUI, and is designed for visual inspection.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tbtcust
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tbtcust »

Thanks Ray. I have a third party tool that can do the compare work in a batch mode.

Is it possible to export jobs individually in one fell swoop? I want to avoid doing them one at a time.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are other current threads on exactly this topic. You have to script it; it can not be done "out of the box" from the command line. If you use the GUI you can, however, export from a Quick Search or Advanced Find result.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm curious, what is the "third party tool" of which you speak?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Stay tuned for version 8.1 and the Information Server Manager, where there is the ability to do exactly that comparison (well, you can already do a cross-project comparison, but the new yool allows both pre- and post-deployment comparison, as well as rollback).