temp error on wrong directory.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

telenet_bi
Premium Member
Premium Member

temp error on wrong directory.

Post by telenet_bi »

hi,

We have a basic transformer in a parallel job. Sometimes we get the error as below.
TransformToStaging,0: dspipe_init(6788): open(/tmp/ade.TNGPRD.TINA_ARB_ACCOUNT_00_Parent.#0.TransformToStaging.LINENewSnapshot-Output) - No such file or directory
Main problem is not really the error, but the fact that /tmp is used. All varaiables I know off that could have an influence on this are pointing to other directories:
TMPDIR=/prd/loc/sft/dts/work/dstemp
UVSPOOL /prd/loc/sft/dts/work/uvspool
UVTEMP /prd/loc/sft/dts/work/uvtemp

Is there a new parameter involved since version 8?
On this forum I've found a reference to APT_FIFO_DIRECTORY, for a different case. Do I need to add that?[/quote]
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

This sporadic error can happen is the actual BASIC process is still running after the job completes. If this does occur, kill the process and delete the /tmp/ade* named pipes.
telenet_bi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by telenet_bi »

thanx for the response. Do you mean thtat when a process keeps running and is then restarted , that it then chooses to create the file in /tmp ?
Or were you just responding on the error?

I'm actually looking at avoiding these files to be created, not avoiding that it doesn't find them anymore.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You cannot avoid these files when using a BASIC transform stage in PX jobs. The error you received is most likely due to your PX job aborting, and the actual BASIC transform stage process still running. Since it is running the pipe isn't deleted and that causes problems.
Try "ps -ef | grep [your userid]" to see what pids are running, if your job is stopped but there is a still a process running with the stage name in the command then you have found the error.
telenet_bi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by telenet_bi »

hi,
I've found a way of moving these files to another dir.
check viewtopic.php?t=123182
telenet_bi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by telenet_bi »

hi,
I've found a way of moving these files to another dir.
check viewtopic.php?t=123182