Teradata Connector Stage Custom Query

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Saad
Participant

Teradata Connector Stage Custom Query

Post by Saad »

We're facing a peculiar problem while exporting data through Teradata Connector Stage. The problem is that when we try to enter custom query in the "Select Statement" field it gives warning in a dialog box "Expecting : Symbol of type: row_value_constructor".

I tried to figure out the reason because if i try to write a simple Select statement it works fine. The problem was due to the format syntax, if i try to CAST a value in any special format using FORMAT keyword DataStage throws this warning.

I'm not sure what could be triggering this problem, whether it is limitation by DS or what. Anyone out there who has seen this warning before :?

Saad
Saad
Participant

Re: Teradata Connector Stage Custom Query

Post by Saad »

Just wanted to update everyone, there is no direct solution to this problem at the moment. May be a patch is required for this by IBM.

Anyhow we have implemented a workaround and that is to do the FORMATting of the columns in a view, we create this view in Before-Sql tab, use it in our query and then drop it in the After-Sql tab. People who face similar issues can make use of this approach.

Thanks,

Saad
dennisroser
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dennisroser »

Just to let others that browse for a solution to this:

this patch is now available

Connector Rollup Patch 1 from august 23rd 2009 solves this issue