Not Enough Space

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cherry
Participant

Not Enough Space

Post by cherry »

Hi All,

When I run a job, I get the following Fatal error message:

"D:/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Datasets/lookuptable.20081028.entx23d (size 1623935520 bytes)": Not enough space

When I go to the particular path there is no such kind of file exits. I have enough space in the specified drive.

Could some one please help me how to handle this.

Best Regards
Cherry
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The file does not exist becase DataStage determined that there was not enough space to create it.
Do you have at least 1623935520 bytes free on D:/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Datasets while the job is running (note that other Data Sets will also need space here)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Not Enough Space

Post by chulett »

cherry wrote:I have enough space in the specified drive.
No, you don't. Or didn't. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
cherry
Participant

Re: Not Enough Space

Post by cherry »

There is about total of 60 GB free on the D Drive. Since this is windows, I guess that the entire space that is available would be taken by the processes. please let me know if I am wrong.
thompsonp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by thompsonp »

Is your job doing a lookup or a sort. What size is the reference data to the lookup or the the data being sorted?
If it is trying to do either of these in memory with about 1.6GB of data (as per the message) you can expect it to fail as Windows cannot allocate this much memory for these processes. Try changing your job design.
Nicole
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: LookupTable error message: Permission Denied

Post by Nicole »

Hi. I am writing with a similar issue using the lookup stage. I am getting a permission denied. Here is the message:

Could not create/truncate table file "/workarea/DataStage/DataSets/lookuptable.20081105.ndqynaa": Permission denied

It seems kind of obvious now, but is this because I need permission to write to this particular directory?

Thanks in advance,

Nicole

cherry wrote:Hi All,

When I run a job, I get the following Fatal error message:

"D:/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Datasets/lookuptable.20081028.entx23d (size 1623935520 bytes)": Not enough space

When I go to the particular path there is no such kind of file exits. I have enough space in the specified drive.

Could some one please help me how to handle this.

Best Regards
Cherry
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:!: Nicole - please start your own post. Your issue is completely different from the one being discussed here.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers