not able to view/exec job using teradata enterprise stage v8

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pankajp123
Premium Member
Premium Member

not able to view/exec job using teradata enterprise stage v8

Post by pankajp123 »

IT's surprising teradata enterprise stage come with release 8 is not functioning as it was with version 7.5.I have followed all the instruction given in mannual.
--It's not creating terasync table
--giving below error when you click view data
<Teradata_Source> APT_TeraUtils::connect: connect (simple) failed.
--I already set environment variable APT_TERASYNC_USER, APT_TERASYNC_PASSWORD,APT_TERASYNC_DATABASE then also it's giving same problem.
-- when we execute job it gives below error and not creating terasync table though user has create right.
Teradata_Enterprise_9: Cannot connect to database 'devserver' on server 'DemoTDAT'.
--If we delibrately create terasync table in default db then also it's giving same error.

i will be so kind if you could give steps to make it fuctioning

thanks and regards,
Pankaj Pathak
hi
infranik
Participant

Re: not able to view/exec job using teradata enterprise stag

Post by infranik »

The problem in this case is the NLS map defined in the stage property is taking the project default value.
The default NLS for Teradata is ASCII.
modify the NLS map setting in the stage property to ASCII
After that search and edit the tera_cs.txt file (take a backup before) to add the following line:

ASCL_ASCII ASCII

This will ensure that the tera_cs.txt file is having the right NLS map which Teradata is expecting.

Once that is done the job should run fine.
Note: please check the permissions on the TD database user as the user should have create table rights on the database specified. This is because the Enterprise stage creates and uses the terasync table on the database. A minimum of 100mb perm space is required. Please ensure that the database has that space.
John Smith
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: not able to view/exec job using teradata enterprise stag

Post by John Smith »

[quote="pankajp123"]IT's surprising teradata enterprise stage come with release 8 is not functioning as it was with version 7.5.I have followed all the instruction given in mannual.

it is surprising indeed. wow in that case please report this to IBM. :roll: