Inconsistent Data selection in DS Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Aquilis
Participant

Inconsistent Data selection in DS Job

Post by Aquilis »

Hello All,
We have a DS Job which will just pull the data from the database table and update or insert the data into another table.
Data is pulled from a DRS stage through the Autogenerated sql and propogated ahead for further processing.There is an Index on the source table and is Disabled too. Now the issue is,while selecting the Data, whole data is not being selected ,we are missing some amount of Data for processing.This happens when the execute the Job from Job sequences,but when run the job as individual everything goes fine.

If anybody have faced in this kind of uneven behaviour., then share their view/solution.
Aquilis
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Compare your parameters between "good" and "bad" runs - are they identical? If you change the job to run in 1 node does it always work? Is there anything special about the missing data - i.e. key ranges, field values, etc. that might pertain to your selection criteria?
Aquilis
Participant

Post by Aquilis »

My test environment is on single node only,so there is no issue with the partition at all, but the same will run in production environment peacefully which is 4 node combination.
It was running fine everytime, for past 2 years but from past 3 days it's showing this kind of unethical behaviour.
I never experienced this before.As already told,this source table have a non unique index on it and that is disabled too.apart from this its simple Extract & Load Job( No key ranges,no where clauses in selection).
Aquilis
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So, not a Server job I take it? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What is the "WHERE" clause in your query?
Aquilis
Participant

Post by Aquilis »

I mean to say,It's simple select statement even not involves any where clause also in it.
Aquilis