After job aborting or fail how to get next values

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deesh
Participant

After job aborting or fail how to get next values

Post by deesh »

Hi DS Guys,

When I run the job, target table has loaded 102 records after that due to some problems job has been failed or Aborted. After solving the problem I want the to load the data from 103 record onwards (I dont want to load from 1st record).
datisaq
Participant

Post by datisaq »

I think you've to select the option at the target table as "Update and then Insert".This will update the existing rows and insert new rows...

DS gurus please correct me...
IBM Certified - Information Server 8.1
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Short answer is "skip them". However - static source? Meaning when you rerun it, will the 103rd record in the second run be the same 103rd record from the first run?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
deesh
Participant

Post by deesh »

How to skip the first 102 rows and moreover if I skip the rows, that job will can give good result. Please can provide the proper guidance in answer
jaybee223
Participant

Post by jaybee223 »

Not a quick solution - you may try comparing the loaded records against the source and eliminate them. If upsert option does not work for you, have you tried using a transaction size of 0?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You "skip" them using a constraint in a transformer (@INROWNUM > X) but there's a lot more to it than that in the PX environment. And only you can say if it will "give good result" if you do that.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Nagaraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nagaraj »

Did this really work?

"constraint in a transformer (@INROWNUM > X)"" if YES then its really good one....!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes/no/maybe. Remember that each Transformer stage instance (there are four if you are running in a four node configuration) keeps its own, separate, count.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Nagaraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nagaraj »

Oh okay...thanks for the information.
in that case it wont be useful for me when restarting the job from the point of failure.