Multiple UserID's

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

meet_deb85
Premium Member
Premium Member

Multiple UserID's

Post by meet_deb85 »

My problem is I have installed datastage using dsadm as the userid

Now I want to create another user PROD1 which will have access on only
a particular protected project.

Can someone guide me how to go about this entire process.

Thanks in advance....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Access is governed through operating system groups. Create a group that will be associated with this project, giving that group all privileges. Make the new user the only member of that group, and associate that group only with the DataStage Developer role for that project.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
meet_deb85
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by meet_deb85 »

Hi Ray,

Should I make the new user the member of the group to
which the dsadm belongs to ?

In that case what privilege do I need to give for the all the files and directories created by dsadm like the DSENGINE directory etc...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There should be a group to which all DataStage users belong and that is used to give access to the software. This group is ideally separate from the group that is associated with a project. Except as required by the operating system the dsadm user does not need to belong to any particular group (but should be a member of the "general" group I described).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.