Cannot connect datastage, errors 39202 and 80011

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Cannot connect datastage, errors 39202 and 80011

Post by manuel.gomez »

Hello all,

First day after holidays.....and what a day!!! Big problems!!!

New Datastage installation took place when I was on holiday over a HP Itanium, running Unix obviously. As far as I know, installation process was very tough, but it was finally goaled. Users were created and developers started working.

Now people who did installation is on holiday, and here we are two guys trying to get this solved. I have worked very much with Datastage but only in windows, my partner here knows a lot of Unix but nothing about datastage. So at least between the two of us we sum as one guy! :lol:

Today nobody can connect. We have benn passing through a few errors and I am describing.

The first one was about daemon RPC. The error was the following:
The connection was refused or the RPC daemon is not running (81016)
Failed to connect to host
I searched the forum and we found the service was not running properly, and we were able to launch it.

After that, we are facing two different errors, depending on the user stopping and starting Datastage services.

ROOT USER
Failed to connect to DataStage server: ESXHA551, project: vodafone
(Internal Error (39202))
I did a deep search over the forum, but did not find anything that helped. Let me paste you commands and answers we are entering:
root /oradata/OWBDIB/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/bin: . /oradata/OWBDIB/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/dsenv
root /oradata/OWBDIB/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/bin: nohup /oradata/OWBDIB/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/bin/dsrpcd -d9 > /tmp/dsrpcd.log 2>&1 &
[1] 1724

# tail -30f /tmp/dsrpcd.log
RPCPID=1724 - 15:51:48 - uvrpc_debugflag=9 (Debugging level)
RPCPID=1724 - 15:51:48 - In rpc_init()

# ps -ef|grep -i informa
root 1724 13856 0 15:51:48 pts/0 0:00 /oradata/OWBDIB/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/bin/dsrpcd -d9
root 4892 1 0 Aug 4 ? 8:23 /oradata/OWBDIB/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/bin/IA64W/java -Djava.security.auth.login.config=./../conf/auth.conf -Dcom.i
root 19799 1 0 Aug 4 ? 34:33 /oradata/OWBDIB/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/bin/IA64W/java -Xbootclasspath/a:conf -Xss2M -Xoss2M -Djava.ext.dirs=apps/jr
root 2060 13856 0 15:52:36 pts/0 0:00 grep -i informa

DSADM USER

Doing the same than above, but with dsadm user, the error turns to be the following
Failed to connect to DataStage server: <SERVER name>, project: UV
(User name and/or password incorrect (80011))
I checked again forum, and found some interesting posts like viewtopic.php?p=295794#295794 and viewtopic.php?p=295806#295806 but none helped.

We created all users in datastage, and assigned the same OS user credentials (dsadm).
We have 'Share User Registry between IBM Information Server and DataStage Server' checkbox unchecked.

And whats more, same users were working perfectly last week.

In BOTH CASES, (root or dsadm) we can see list of of projects and select one of them in the client Attach Project window. It's when we push the OK button when the errors come up.
This is happening for Designer, Director and Administrator clients.

And the telnet service seems to be down, as the command
telnet servername 2300
does not answer

But web console is perfectly accesible.

I gave all info I do have at this moment. If you need anything else that could help you out to detect what could be happening, just let us know!!

Thank you very much for your help guys, we are totally desperated now!
manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by manuel.gomez »

I forgot!!

I saw in some posts that error 39202 could be caused by licensing dates.
This is not the case (license is valid until mid october)
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

as user "dsadm", go to your $DSHOME, source the dsenv file and enter "bin/dssh". You will get a ">" prompt, enter "LOGTO vodafone". What happens? (You exit out of TCL with the "QUIT" command).
manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by manuel.gomez »

ArndW wrote:as user "dsadm", go to your $DSHOME, source the dsenv file and enter "bin/dssh". You will get a ">" prompt, enter "LOGTO vodafone". What happens? (You exit out of TCL with the "QUIT" command).
Hello ArndW, sorry for the delay

I followed your instructions. I must first say that variable $DSHOME is not set in our Unix

So we had to go to the folder manually, and this is what we got:
dsadm /oradata/OWBDIB/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine: . ./dsenv
dsadm /oradata/OWBDIB/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine: ./bin/dssh
An error has occurred during DataStage initialization
Please contact the system administrator
Error code: 2 2
We tried with root user, and result was the same

Does this tell you something on how shall we go on?

thanks for your help, very appreciated
manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by manuel.gomez »

More info that may be useful, we found a lot of entries like this one:
8/11/08 15:30:42:110 CEST] 0000003a LTPAServerObj E SECJ0369E: Authentication failed when using LTPA. The exception is Invalid user name (dpspain01) or password..
esxha551 wasadmin /oradata/OWBDIB/is/was: wc ./profiles/default/logs/server1/SystemOut.log

./profiles/default/logs/server1/SystemOut.log
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The 2 2 combination does indicate an expired license.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by manuel.gomez »

ray.wurlod wrote:The 2 2 combination does indicate an expired license.
thanks ray

If I go to web console, Administration, Domain Managment, Licensing, for all components I do have as Expiration Date: 2008-10-15

Except for IBM WebSphere DataStage Add'l Processor, where expiration date is empty

How is that possible?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you open DataStage Administrator, and look at the license information there? The "2 2" refers to the "UniVerse" licensing.

Sounds like one for your vendor to resolve.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by manuel.gomez »

ray.wurlod wrote:Can you open DataStage Administrator, and look at the license information there? The "2 2" refers to the "UniVerse" licensing.

Sounds like one for your vendor to resolve.
Thanks again Ray

I am afraid I cant enter any client: Designer, Director or Administrator neither :?
roblew
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by roblew »

Was there any specific resolution to this issue?

I posted a reply to this other similar topic here: viewtopic.php?t=120850
Lasher
Participant

Post by Lasher »

Maybe old topic... but had the same problem.
In my case (Server running on Win2k3 Server SP2), login&pwd, set in
Administration->Domain Management->DataStage Credentials->Default DS&QS Credentials were different from those present in Windows System Users
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not the same problem, not least because Windows does not run on Itanium. But the inforamation may benefit anyone lucky enough to find it at the bottom of this thread.