Migration Issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sgubba
Participant

Migration Issue

Post by sgubba »

I have designed a parallel job .. It reads from a file does transformations and writes to a file ..... i ran it in pre-prod works fine ........when i move it into prod it runs but gives a different output .....i think its a data issue ....checked for control characters ...but no success ...there is a filter condition where it allows only those records go forward... when i run in prod that conditions totally fails and doesnt allow any records to go forward ......any help is appreciated

Thanks
hamzaqk
Participant

Post by hamzaqk »

did run the pre-prod job with the same date file as in the prod ?
Teradata Certified Master V2R5
sgubba
Participant

Post by sgubba »

Yeah
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

sgubba - although you don't think it important, I feel that telling us which stages (particularly input and output ones) you are using and what the program logic does is useful in analyzing your problem. Also, do you have different configurations in use and is the hardware platform the same?
sgubba
Participant

Post by sgubba »

ArndW,

I am little confused....if i had and configuration issues how will it affect the logic .....all i am doing is reading from sequential file and performing transformations and writing to a file ....i Had no issues running it in dev and preprod ......but its screwed up in prod.....i thought configuration is some thing to do with assigning the nodes and hardware related stuff.....but not the way how it looks at the data .....thnks for ur time ArndW
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

We are even more at a loss to explain this than you are - since you haven't explained any details; it is akin to saying "my car won't start" - that could be because the key is missing, someone put sugar into the tank, because the battery is dead, etc.

Take a specific example - one row from your data. What is the difference between the two environments. Show the input data and the 2 different outputs and then one can trace back and see what might be the cause.
srividya
Participant

Post by srividya »

Was the testing in dev and pre-prod done with near real time data ???

That is the main reason my jobs fail in prod even though they are successful in testing phase. Sad, we cannot get near PROD data ..so we are prepared for these fixes ...any thing can differ ..end delimeter .. length of column, datatype ....
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I don't know what to do. You don't have any examples or details and nobody knows what your job does or what your environments look like. I think that Ray has a RMM stage that might help, but that is going to be the only hope unless you can provide some details.
sgubba
Participant

Post by sgubba »

First of all thank you all ...u guyz for ur time

Let me Explain lil bit more this is the transformer constraint

TrimLeadingTrailing(DSLink47.COUNTRY2)='USA' AND (TrimLeadingTrailing(DSLink47.GRADE)='1A' OR TrimLeadingTrailing(DSLink47.GRADE)='1B' OR TrimLeadingTrailing(DSLink47.GRADE)='1C' OR TrimLeadingTrailing(DSLink47.GRADE)='2C' OR TrimLeadingTrailing(DSLink47.GRADE)='2D' OR TrimLeadingTrailing(DSLink47.GRADE)='2E' )

When i run it in dev and preprod with the same input files ....i am getting some records in output ............where as when i run in prod with the same files ....i am not getting any records in output ....i even checked for ^m character which gets added when i am transfering my