OCI stage assuming null for field containing only one space

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mspanda
Participant

OCI stage assuming null for field containing only one space

Post by mspanda »

Hi,

I am trying to insert a varchar field with only one space to the oracle table which is not null field through OCI stage .

As it is not a empty string rather it is a varchar field with one space ,should be able to insert into oracle not null field.

i think this field is being treated as null and unable to insert record.I checked the log and there is no error.

Datastage ver 8.0 is newly installed and is there any setting in administrator need to be changed .

Ichecked the administrator:ENVIRONEMENT VARIABLE

APT_STRINH_PADCHAR is 0x0

Pease let me know if any one ever faced this kind of issues .

Thanks
msp
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

APT_STRING_PADCHAR is not relevant to VarChar data types. Why do you claim that "OCI stage assuming null for field containing only one space"? What is populated into the table (use a query with NVL function) or, if there is an error message, please post that. In short, debug! Send (a relevant sample of) rows to a text file and inspect that.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Try setting APT_ORACLE_PRESERVE_BLANKS to true.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers