Automate metadata creation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sandeepgs
Participant

Automate metadata creation

Post by sandeepgs »

Hi,

We are trying to automate the metadata creation and so we have written a excel macro to fulfill the requirement.

We are able to create .dsx file but when we are trying to import the .dsx file using datastage manager it is throwing out an error

Error message in Datastage manager:

Unknown property name 'Sql'
Object = SubObject of Test\\MEATADATAEXCEL
Class = Cmetacolumn
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Looks like the DSX file might have become corrupted. What's been used to open it since it was exported?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
throbinson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by throbinson »

I may be mis-reading this post but it seems like you have written an Excel macro to create a .dsx file for your table definitions. You are then asking why these .dsx s do not import into DataStage. If this is correct then the answer is easy; Your reverse engineering (hack) of the DataStage export/import functionality is in error. Fix it. Does it really need to be said that the Excel macro must recreate exactly the format and layout of a .dsx?
My apologies if I have read this post wrong.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No, I don't think you're reading it wrong. It's obvious their assertion that they were able to create an appropriate .dsx file is incorrect. Compare your file to a 'real' file - what's missing / wrong?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sandeepgs
Participant

Post by sandeepgs »

Hai Everyone,

Thanks for your response.
It is problem with the format of data in the dsx.

We are able to load metadata into datastage.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Next time I would use XML.
Mamu Kim