Identifying the SQL server name from datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ragunathan Gunasekaran
Participant

Identifying the SQL server name from datastage

Post by Ragunathan Gunasekaran »

Hi ,
I am having credentials (DB name ,Id and Pass )for logging into the SQL server DB through the ODBC stage in my job ... I would like to manipulate the data via the SQL Server Query analyser for implementing the change capture process.

Can anybody give me a clue of how to detect the server name from datastage ?
I tried to login via the enterprise manager and query analyser with the SQL Server name as DBname and with login credentials .It shows that there are no servers running with that name, But the ODBC stage is able to get the data by using the Data source as DBname. I would like to know how shall i get the actual server name from any of the files that datastage uses to identify the server internally.

I checked with the uvodbc.config but that doesnt have any entry ... Any clue on this please ...?
Regards
Ragu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It should be in the .odbc.ini file referred to by the ODBCINI environment variable.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Ragunathan Gunasekaran
Participant

Post by Ragunathan Gunasekaran »

Hi
Thanks i got the server name .... There are multiple servernames that are in the name of my application and Hope there are DSN created for a particular Db in the SQL server.....
Any ways of getting where the DSN sits in the unix box ? ...so tat i would figure out the exact server to which i have to connect for....
Regards
Ragu