How can we specify partitions for SMP

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sgubba
Participant

How can we specify partitions for SMP

Post by sgubba »

Hi,

I used to work on grid environment. There we used to mention number of nodes and partitions where as right now i am on smp, when defining config file i dont find any thing where i can specify the partitions ......I am little surprised now ....... when we do partitioning in our data stage jobs how many partitions it creates for each node ....reps are highly appreciated
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

For non-grid environment, your partitioning paralellism is based on the processing nodes defined in your configurations file. Unlike grid, you can use grid_partition parameter.

For example, you have defined 4 processing nodes in your configurations file and you have 100 records to process, then each node would process 25 records each. Hopefully, this clarify your doubt.
sgubba
Participant

Got it

Post by sgubba »

lstsaur wrote:For non-grid environment, your partitioning paralellism is based on the processing nodes defined in your configurations file. Unlike grid, you can use grid_partition parameter.

For example, you have defined 4 processing nodes in your configurations file and you have 100 records to process, then each node would process 25 records each. Hopefully, this clarify your doubt.

Got it buddy .....Can u explain abt the grid_partition you are talking abt .....are you refering to the variable in grid environment where we specify the number of partitions for each node ...and Is there a way for smp where we have four nodes and we want to split each node into two that is 4X2