MQ Connector Fails When Attempting to Connect to Queue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

BradMiller
Premium Member
Premium Member

MQ Connector Fails When Attempting to Connect to Queue

Post by BradMiller »

Hi All...

I am usually able to find answers to my questions by searching the forum. This time, I have been unable to find a solution.

I am attempting to use a Webesphere MQ Connector for the fist time. On the properties tab, I enter all the valid connection values. When I click the "Test" link, I receive the error: "The connection failed!" When I click "View Data," I receive: An exception occurred while trying to receive the response from the handler: An exception was received from the handler: Connect to queue manager using channel failed with reason code: 2035 (MQRC_NOT_AUTHORIZED)

I am able to connect to the queue using an MQ Monitor and the same connection properties. My UNIX Admin is able to connect to the queue from the UNIX box using the same login that I am attempting to use.

DataStage is running in a UNIX/AIX environment and MQ is in a Windows environment. The DataStage user id has been set up in the MQM group in UNIX and is set up in AD under Windows. My MQ Administrator found the following error in the MQ logs:

9/30/2008 08:03:25 - Process(10696.1384) User(MQDEV) Program(amqrmppa.exe) AMQ9245: Unable to obtain account details for channel MCA user ID.
EXPLANATION:
WebSphere MQ was unable to obtain the account details for MCA user ID 'root'. This user ID was the MCA user ID for channel 'CHAN1' on queue manager 'TXXXQUE' and may have been defined in the channel definition, or supplied either by a channel exit or by a client.
ACTION:
Ensure that the user ID is correct and that it is defined on the Windows local system, the local domain or on a trusted domain. For a domain user ID, ensure that all necessary domain controllers are available.

Question: If I am passing the User Id/Password from the MQ Connector, why is it attempting to use "root"? Is there a configuration that I missed on the UNIX box?
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

If you do a search on "MQ Connector", you will find my answer on this connection problem and the security drawback of the MQ Connector.
BradMiller
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BradMiller »

Thank you Istsaur...

We actually found a solution shortly after I posted the question (after spending 5 days working on it). Our solution was to change the MCAUSER setting of the channel using the Alter Channel command. We actually created a new channel and altered it to make the DataStage user the owner of the channel. We are now able to test the connection and pull data off of the queue.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Yes, you can implement your own MQ channel security exits.