Importing of jobs through command prompt

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Kbhujad
Participant

Importing of jobs through command prompt

Post by Kbhujad »

Hi,

We have a requirement to import DS jobs from command prompt of the local machine to DS server.Is this possible in 8.0?

We used to import jobs in DS 7.5 through command prompt using a bat file.But this required manual intervention(After every job import, there was a popup window confirming the same and we had to click Ok then the file used to continue)
The command in the bat file was like
XML2DSX.exe /H=206.236.140.165 /U=dsadm /P=dhl123 /N CMPN_DSUPD \\D:\Jobs\COMET401040SuspNumChk.xml

If anyone has worked on a similar requirement, please guide me.
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

In 7.5 and supposedly in v8 there is a command called dscmdimport.exe that imports standard DSX files. We use this for our code migration - the DSX file is in version control. The CM tool pulls the version out and NDM's it to a NT server with DS 7.5 installed, and uses an NDM runtask to kick off the dscmdimport command and also the multi-job compile (I think that is dscc.exe, but am not sure). We don't get any pop-up windows.

We are in the process of migrating to v8, so we have not fully tested this process, but have been told that it should work fine.

Brad.
It is not that I am addicted to coffee, it's just that I need it to survive.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Stop exporting in XML format, stick with 'dsx'.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Kbhujad
Participant

Post by Kbhujad »

I tried using the below command:

'dscmdimport /D ux17 /U dsuser /P welcome1 /H ux17 /NUA ux17\mts_datastage C:\Documents and Settings\kshitijaJambhulkar\My Documents\DSJobs\Test\FIMSJBPII211.dsx'

But this is gives an error that 'Aborting.Failed to attach to project'
While opening my project,I give it as 'ux17/mts_datastage' i.e. Server Name/Project Name.Is it necessary to give it in quotes.

Also earlier I was exporting jobs as xmls, but now I am exporting them as dsx.

Regards,
Kshitija J.
Kbhujad
Participant

Post by Kbhujad »

I tried using the below command:

'dscmdimport /D ux17 /U dsuser /P welcome1 /H ux17 /NUA ux17\mts_datastage C:\Documents and Settings\kshitijaJambhulkar\My Documents\DSJobs\Test\FIMSJBPII211.dsx'

But this is gives an error that 'Aborting.Failed to attach to project'
While opening my project,I give it as 'ux17/mts_datastage' i.e. Server Name/Project Name.Is it necessary to give it in quotes.

Also earlier I was exporting jobs as xmls, but now I am exporting them as dsx.

Regards,
Kshitija J.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

/H is the Host aka Server name so do not include that again with the Project name.

Code: Select all

dscmdimport /D ux17 /U dsuser /P welcome1 /H ux17 /NUA mts_datastage C:\Documents and Settings\kshitijaJambhulkar\My Documents\DSJobs\Test\FIMSJBPII211.dsx
No clue what /D is, perhaps it's new with 8.x. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers