Is there a HostView in v8 Designer?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Is there a HostView in v8 Designer?

Post by bcarlson »

We are in the process of migrating to v8, so I have yet to get aclimated to the new Designer. I did a quick check in the documentation and couldn't find reference to the HostView option that was available in v7x Manager. This option allows you to see all projects on the server and switch easily between them. Is there a comparable option in the new v8 Designer?

Brad.
It is not that I am addicted to coffee, it's just that I need it to survive.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Probably not. The Information Server web console gives you overview of all DataStage projects (even if they're on multiple servers) but does not, as far as I am aware, give you the ability to invoke DataStage. I would be very surprised if it did, running inside a browser. But stranger things have happened.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Pierre
Participant

Post by Pierre »

Hi,

I've been working a very fiew time with DS v8, and forgot it, but isn't there the menu option File/Open Project ?

Pierre.
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

Aaah, my crystal ball sees a Wish List posting in my near future... We have a ton of projects and the ability to switch between them using the manager as a launching point has been extremely helpful.

Brad.
It is not that I am addicted to coffee, it's just that I need it to survive.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can still switch between them using Director.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.